View Single Post
      03-11-2020, 02:37 PM   #5
Whipple
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M6 Gran Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Ace View Post
The dealership/OEM oil is provided by Pennzoil/Shell. It comes in 2 known grades in the US 0-30 and 5-30. When you buy it, make sure you receive the LL-01 or LL-01 FE spec. The front label should have the word "Gasoline" under "Twin Power Turbo". For suburban and highway driving, I recommend 0-30. If you're constantly revving the motor, then go with 5-30. In all cases, do not rev over 3000 rpms until oil temp is around 200 degrees. You'll need 9 bottles. 8.5 is the capacity for pan and filter housing.

Confusingly, the OEM diesel oils, has similar bottles and grades but diesel is labeled with LL-04. Front lable says "Diesel" on it.

There exists at least one other LL-01 dealership oil, a 10-60 grade. That is not the correct oil, it is used for the last few generation NA I6, V8 and V10 M motors for M3/5/6 and Z8. That oil was barely sufficient for the S65/85 motors...but I digress.
Is there a menu to see the actual oil temp ? if so please tell me how to get there.
2015 M6 Gran Coupe> DME stage 3 tune back end flash>JB4 with Methanol control>Fabworx Catless downpipes>Full Meistershaft GTC exhaust 102mm GB tips>Built motor with Forged Cp Carillo Rods and Pistons > SSP spec X clutch > Stage 1 Pure Turbos>PG front mount intakes>PG charge coolers>Vorsteiner front and rear Carbon diffuser>Auto Tecknic Carbon shift paddles>3D Design aluminum pedals
Appreciate 0