View Single Post
      11-30-2020, 10:55 PM   #241
Tommysalami
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyC View Post
Everything is too PC nowadays, and everything is worse off because of it. Too much milk toast, wishy washy, nothing in your face anymore which is what keeps sports entertaining. If there are no rivals, nobody to hate, nobody to love, it's just BORING. It's why I watch next to zero sports anymore.

Max is entertaining and a Max is sorely needed in every sport. Even if you hate the guy, that makes him great because there's something to root against. There are no more John McEnroe's, Bill Laimbeer's, Terrell Owens, Barry Bonds, Schuey vs. McLaren, etc. Sports the world over has turned into nothing but corporate plain vanilla boringness, everybody loves everybody, everybody gets a trophy, we're all so amazingly talented, blah blah BLAH. Show me some HATE and some passion!

Show me the Pistons walking off the court without shaking hands after the Bulls finally dispatched them in four straight games. Give me Ron Artest jumping in the stands during the Malice at the Palace and causing a riot! Give me George Brett rampaging out of the dugout like a crazed mad man because of too much pine tar. Give me John McEnroe destroying the drink stand courtside at Wimbledon while all the swells sit there with mouths agape! Give me Mike Tyson threatening to eat peoples' children! Give me Schuey stalking Coulthard in the pits at Spa after he brake checked him and ruined his easy win! Give me Dennis Rodman kicking a court side camera man in the nuts! Give me Sammy Sosa sweating bullets and roided out of his mind, hitting ball after ball 500 ft. Give me Tonya Harding hiring a hit man to whack Nancy Kerrigan's knee so she'd make the Olympic team! Give me anything but this boring crap we have in all sports today!

All sports are so horribly repetitive, you need the villains and heroes to give you something to cheer for and the personalities are what make the historical moments.

I hope Max keeps that edge in a soft, and ever softening by the day world.
Lol, I mean ok some of that's extreme but yeah

On that note if ya'll haven't seen I, Tonya then go watch it cause it's great
Appreciate 1
NickyC17487.00