08-31-2020, 07:00 PM   #4
LJohnson32
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW M6 Gran Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayM6 View Post
You can try dynoing it, or try emailing various tuners and see if your VIN is in their database.

It could also be maybe your friend isnt as good as a driver lol
Yeah thought about emailing tuners, maybe I'll do that. I guess your second point could be valid also but wouldn't necessarily come into play after you hit 3rd gear and the wheelspin stops lol, at which point I continued to pull away. I also give him credit for being a good driver haha, and it was the first time I had ever raced from a dig with this car so I probably wasn't managing wheelspin that great myself

Quote:
Originally Posted by arucano View Post
The tires can make a huge difference in those short sprints. The power in first and second gear are limited to partial power by default. Removal of these limits simply result in more smoke. Traction is the limiting factor in the initial roll-off.
We both have Michelin PSS on our cars with similar life left - additionally these runs were both from a light that then led onto a freeway so it went well beyond just 1st and 2nd gear sprints, I continued walking away until our predetermined 'let off' point at around 120mph on both runs.

Last edited by LJohnson32; 08-31-2020 at 07:09 PM..
Appreciate 0