Rep
Drives: G82 M4C X-Drive

Garage List
2022 G82 M4C X-Drive  [9.85]
2018 F80 M3 CS  [9.87]
2019 i3 BEV  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by W/// View Post
Very good post, I agree with this. There is literally no electric car that will match an ICE car at the moment, and that's any category.... range, how fast to fill it up, weight, driver engagement, towing ect ect...
I'm not sure what you are getting at here.

My i3 is only 3000lbs, that already beats my M3 CS by 400-500lbs
Fill up is nonexistent since I just plug in every night.
There are EV's with 300+ ranges that will beat some gas guzzling SUVs and trucks
My i3 is much more engaging that the Suburban we rented for a roadtrip once.
The Tesla Model X can tow 5000lbs, much more than a MX-5.

Quote:
However, electric cars make GREAT backup/2nd cars that you can just pile the boring miles on.
That's exactly why I got the i3. Surprisingly I found it very fun to drive even on errands. While I still like to take the M3 out once and awhile around town, the i3 gives a different experience overall. I feel more relaxed in almost all aspects of driving without sacrificing the sporty feeling of a light, quick car. That instant torque just feel effortless. Windows down, sunroof open... its a nice drive.

Quote:
Really the only thing that scares me so far about them is the reliability. Yes, far less moving parts, but when things go wrong, it's going to be expensive and will I be able to fix it in the garage?
I haven't had any issues with my i3. Besides the carbon monocoque and perhaps the batter, there are no massively expensive parts. The 12V batter is known to need to be replaced for higher mileage i3's but that's about it. Tires are cheap too.

2022 G82///M4 Competition X-Drive - KW-HAS, EBC Bluestuff, Millway Race Camber Plates, Cup2 Connect*, PSI High Flow Midpipe, Lightweight Front Lip, M Perf Flow Through Wing
Previous • 2018 F80 ///M3 CS • 2016 F80 ///M3
IG: Raging_G82
Appreciate 0