Thread: Yard freaks
View Single Post
      03-15-2021, 12:05 PM   #1094
spazzyfry123
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Here and There

Garage List
We've got centipede that was once thriving under my care, but now looks like hell. I mean it was yard of the month for the HOA a few months in a row it was looking so good. At the end of last year's season, I think I had a fungus issue as I was traveling for about three weeks with effectively nonstop rain. Grass went from a cut every five days or so to about 20 days. When I did cut, pretty certain I unknowingly spread the fungus around and did some damage throughout. Also cut a bit more than 1/3 blade length when doing so. Wild to think a year's worth of work to get it to top shape went to shit in a matter of a couple weeks.

TruGreen now takes care of the lawn - with our newborn I just needed a break from it for a year, but there are some areas that are just flat dead or have been replaced by crab grass and broadleaf. While I am disappointed in the weed issues with TruGreen, I think we are working to a resolution. That said, if the fungus created the dead areas, I'm not entirely sure how accountable they can be for this and I'd like to get ahead of it to get things on track.

Considering Scotts' EZ Seed Patch and Repair ( LINK ) for the affected areas (some patches with nothing, some are replaced entirely with crabgrass, and effectively my whole backyard is just dead grass), but wondering if I should just plan to seed the whole yard given it is a bit more widespread. I see Scotts offers their Turf Builder Grass Seed and Mulch ( LINK ), but this is full-resto mode.

What's the best plan of attack here? Wait for the weeds to die out and then seed? Should I go ahead and seed? Tough to know how to approach this as TruGreen will be doing their thing in parallel.

Edit - tossing in a couple pictures. Disregard leaves. Having huge oaks is always a challenge in the beginning of spring
Attached Images

Last edited by spazzyfry123; 03-15-2021 at 02:00 PM..
Appreciate 1
nyalpine907433.00