View Single Post
      03-15-2021, 07:24 AM   #1091
Our03z4
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW Z4 3.0si Coupe,

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsturbointeg View Post
awesome an irrigation contractor! quick question lol if you could take the time to answer i'm converting my flower beds against the house sprinkler system to drip. i know how to do the conversion but wanted to know about a particular section i don't know what to do about? in the center of my horse shoe driveway i have a flower bed that surrounded by grass so there's 4 sprinklers all around it that waters both the grass and the flower bed in the middle. well, even with all the adjustments and what not i can't get all my flowers, shrubs and what not watered in correctly. can i tap off one of the sprinkler heads with a drip system and still be able to run the other 3 sprinklers or will that cause an issue with water pressure? i tried searching in Youtube but no luck appreciate it
Absolutely. If they are spray heads you can actually get a kit that screws on in place of the nozzle to use drip line. The head will need to be pressure reducing like a Hunter Pro Spray PRS-40. Drip actually takes very little flow to run. Now the thing is drip needs to run much longer than over head irrigation so you will fight wet and dry spots. I would recommend whats called blank drip and then use high flow point emitters to each plant.

Now if the heads are Rotors like RainBird 5000s or Hunter PGA then you will have to tap into the existing below ground line and add a drip pressure reducer.

Is the valve for the heads in the same area or on the other side of the driveway?
Appreciate 1