View Single Post
      05-14-2021, 12:20 AM   #9
derailed
Experienced User
Rep
Drives: bimmaghini

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBF650 View Post
I had the exactly same warning pop up 2 weeks ago, scared me half to death....
out of the blue this happened to me. I pulled out to over take, put my foot down and the car misfired and didn't accelerate like it normally would. Then that message came up, it did say I could continue but with reduced performance. I immediately pulled over stopped the car and then restarted and it idled ok but I could tell it wasn't 'happy'. I drove home and the next day dropped the car to my dealership. I did note the car was running not at its usual urgency.... my dealership couldn't have been more helpful. They told me cylinder 5 had misfired recorded and limp mode was initiated. Upon investigation the team found all 8 plugs were heavily fouled and there was a split in cross over vent pipe they showed me this ( it was as per Walts pick ) . The changed the plugs and this pipe and the car back up and running again perfectly! The bill was fairly hefty for some plugs and rubber hose but hey... I'm glad it wasn't anything more serious like injectors etc etc. They told me i don't drive the car enough and to take it on longer drives to let it get up to temperatures. these car don't like short stop start driving that much.

glad your 6er is up and running again fine now.
Same thing happened to me about two months ago, on the exact same cylinder. Last month it happened again, I ended up just needing new spark plugs which they told me I didn't need for another 4k miles - when I spent $3500 on a big service the month before. I wonder if they knew that would happen.. I just so happen to service my car at the same exact dealer as OP
Appreciate 0