View Single Post
      06-01-2020, 08:39 AM   #24
Airz
Private
Rep
Drives: 2015 M6 Sakhir Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whipple View Post
Absolutely not , I would never trade my CCBs for steel , The wheels stay clean , literally no dust ,the braking is awesome with no swerve at hard braking , there is no corrosion or rusting , You don’t have to change pads if you go on the track , they don’t warp, there much lighter unsprung weight , The discs last the life of the car , especially the way I’m using them , If you track them they will last 4 to 5 times longer than steel , so you will put 4 to 5 sets of rotors before 1 set of CCBs , So your looking at least 10k to 12k in steel Plus labor 5 times , without all the benefits of CCBs
That’s why all the super cars have them
This discussion is a learning curve for me because everyone I ask who has CCBs never changed there original pads yet , I never did either , I actually think I will go to a BMW service and see what they say about my current pad life , I will have them do it when they do the 3rd brake light
I think the thing that surprised me was that you said you had 35k and it needed new pads. I thought they lasted much longer than that?

Thanks everyone else for clarification. I'd assumed high performance CCBs would be required for fast driving rather than normal road driving given that they come on very high performance cars and for me the biggest selling point would be consistent brake feel/power in all situations whether that's normal road driving or the odd track day.
Brake dust and rusting has never bothered me as the car gets cleaned regularly anyway but can see why people would like to avoid that.
Appreciate 0