View Single Post
      05-18-2020, 08:15 AM   #3
Badboy8813
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F06 Frozen SS 2014 M6 CP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whipple View Post
Hey guys , I went to an Indy shop to have my tranny fluid changed , and he back to me saying my brakes are dangerously low , he said he plugged in his laptop and said Front brakes at 36% and rears at 12% . He said I have about another month and I don’t want to gouge the Ceramic rotors to change the pads

So I said to him did you physically check the pads? did you measure the thickness of the pads ? He said no but he test drove it and felt good no shaking , lmao
I like this shop but I felt insulted by him telling me this , I’m going to call him and confront him about. These pads with all the parts and Pads,springs,sensors and misc It’s about 1K in parts

Do any of you guys now how the dealer checks the pads?

Is it depending on thickness they recode mileage into the computer?

Is there a chart for mileage input according to thickness?

My pads are at least 1/4 thick yet Physically looking at them the outboards are at least ,I have to pull a wheel to check inboards

Anybody with experience with this and Carbon Ceramic brakes I’m all ears please chime in , Thank you
How much was your tranny fluid change service?