United_States
Rep
Drives: F30

Garage List
2016 BMW 320i  [7.87]
2014 BMW 328i  [6.83]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jstein55 View Post
Adorable! Also I had no idea there was such a thing as a breed that doesn't bark, very interesting!
Me neither to be honest. Never heard of these things until about two years ago.

He is mute 90% of the time. Will only make noise if startled or trying to communicate.

For example if someone knocks on the door as he's sleeping... he will reactively make a pretend/half ass bark noise as he's startled awake but then goes back to mute with a second literally.

Also... when hes trying to communicate or play, he will make a yawning yodel whine type thing.

To put it in perspective: say he wants food that you have.... he will absolutely not make a peep although will likely bug you until you give him a taste.

Same thing with other dogs on a patio for example... of course he wants to go play with them but he will not make a noise or be a nuisance in that regard.

They do have a really loud "baroo" type thing they do when in distress. For example if I leave him alone for a few hours, sometimes I return to him doing a loud howling baroo type noise into the air.

Very unique breed for sure. I would recommend to anyone with patience. They are incredibly willful and sometimes bite when they play. I just play rough with him back (within reason) and he loves it. If you were the type to try and beat the biting out of him... it would not work. You would end up abusing him because of his strong will.

Of course, I swat him every now and again but most times he bites he is actually trying to tell me something like he needs to go for a pee (since he cant bark to communicate).
Appreciate 1
stein_325i25083.00