View Single Post
      01-12-2020, 10:38 PM   #10
thebmw
Post Advisor
Rep
Drives: More Manuals than Automatics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whipple View Post
The 8 is not growing on me at all, especially when everyone on social media is calling it a glorified Mustang and it really does look like one .The M6 has a timeless look we are all just used to it but the average person doesnt have a clue what year these cars are,Someone pulled up to me the other day and asked me what year my car was I told him 2015,he was like wow it looks brand new and this is to a car thats been around 6 years and dont make anymore

I get compliments all the time. I have a few 650s and one is a 2012 650 6-spd. That's technically an 8 year old car!! Of course I keep it in showroom condition and have made tasteful cosmetic upgrades. People actually get nervous asking me what it is like. I think they assume it is a very expensive car and I must be really rich or something. This is despite the fact that I'm in one of the nicest areas in the Chicago suburbs.

The problem with the 8 is that it looks like another newer BMW and that's it. Or maybe it looks like a Mustang that that's horrible.
Appreciate 1