View Single Post
      11-23-2019, 04:47 PM   #24
MMMM6GC
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M6 GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by spikespiegel View Post
I'm a fan of depreciation, you just have to use it to your advantage and figure out what it's "worth". For some people, they don't care, they'd rather have a car brand new, do a euro delivery and keep it for as long as they can because they're a fan of the brand/car.

Some people (like myself) buy it at the half price point, and use the hell out of it, with the intention of selling it when it halves again in value (or hopefully a bit better than that).

Could i have saved 20k or so if I waited another 2 years +(bought mine in 2016) .. Yes, but then I wouldn't have had the amazing experience of ownership of this car, to me that was worth the 20k, no doubt.

Once i've hit around 65k or so in mileage, I'm going to sell, and swap to a AMG GTS which is also devalue-ing nicely! Maybe I'll keep the f13 m6, its just such a hell of a nice car! I for one, am a fan of depreciation. !

My thoughts exactly - in fact I've been eyeing up the AMGTS as the next car a couple years down the line, but the M6GC is such a complete car I'm also tempted to keep it long term and have a toy like a 4C to have a nice rounded garage - they are also depreciating wonderfully but I think will plateau in the near future
Appreciate 0