bimmer456
Major General
Rep
Drives: 340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by clee1982 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmer456 View Post
It's supposed to show how much better American cars are than overpriced European cars, hill billy ingenuity vs. rich aristocratic european R and D.
yea but american try to make it like david vs goliath except in this case the ferrari is the minimal and ford (the suppose underdog) is the giant corp with loads more R&D cash than ferrari can ever think of

plus wasn't the earlier ones engineered and built in england, though the later one is built and designed in america
I thought Carroll Shelby took a small british roadster and put a big American V8 in it and that was the Shelby Cobra. The Ford GT was built in house. But yeah it is true that Ford is a big mainstream car company that invented mass production vs the specialty low volume production of Ferrari. There was lots of trash talking on both sides. And also beating Ferrari on their own turf. Maybe Ferrari should race in NASCAR like Toyota with the Camry and also the Tundra in the truck series. Or Indy 500 I think those are more similar to cars Ferrari actually makes. (I think they already do actually not sure how many times they won)
Appreciate 0