View Single Post
      04-06-2015, 09:53 PM   #17
chask
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 M6 GC

Again remembering I am a total noob to all this (iow - I know absolutely nothing about this stuff), but I have read a couple of comments about doing some protective coatings over films. One was a substance that I think is applied like a wax or sprayed on or something (want to say Cquartz) that helped water dissipate rather quickly - sheets off to dry very rapidly. I think someone here said you could put that stuff over the XPEL. Anyway, I wonder if you could put a black vinyl over the chrome then XPEL Ultimate (the self healing material) over that to protect it from most abrasions. The Ultimate is supposed to be self healing. Heck, the cost sure would not be in amount of the material and I cannot imagine much labor cost to do the chrome on 2 or 4 door handles. I probably spent more on my key fob.
And no, I'm not lazy. I've got a health problem that makes the "joy" of washing and waxing my car something I cannot savor anymore - Lucky me . So I am trying to find the most foolproof way to keep my car looking showroom new without breaking my back.
GlobalRSInc - I am with you on the black. I want to do that or match the paint (SG). If you find something please post it or PM me. I'll be going by the vinyl wrap person the dealership indirectly birddogged in a day or two (hopefully). I'll post whatever I find if it looks promising. The guy does about all the extremely high end exotics around here so he ought to be good and know what works.
Appreciate 0