View Single Post
      02-14-2015, 06:37 PM   #16
tony20009
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i - Coupe

I suggest that you decide based on things other than the inherent quality of the two watches. One is neither better nor worse than the other as far as construction and/or time telling capability and functionality go. They are both very nice and well made watches.

About the only thing of substance I can offer is that if you need to see your watch markers and hands in the dark, you'll be far happier with the Ball. It uses tritium tubes and so the glow won't fade after 20-60 minutes. It'll fade to 1/2 it's current brightness over the course of ~12 years, for ~12 years is tritium's half-life.

I don't recall just this second whether the 1887 is Tags movement by dint of acquiring the movement from Zenith or Seiko, but it's one of the two. That said, it's not an important factor if you don't consider yourself a watch collector who has a collection building reason to prefer one capable movement over another.

All the best.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'07, e92 335i, Sparkling Graphite, Coral Leather, Aluminum, 6-speed
Appreciate 0