View Single Post
      09-05-2021, 06:44 PM   #3510
3.0L
Colonel
Rep
Drives: M235i, 20k miles

Quote:
Originally Posted by vreihen16 View Post
Funny coincidence. I took a *very* rare (for me) round-trip flight at the end of June, on a small budget airline that I know for a fact only has two A319's based at the airport where the crew was from. On the first flight, someone had marked an arrow above my seat with a sharpie for reasons unknown.

When we boarded our return flight and sat in the same seats, I noticed that the sharpie arrow was not there. I also noticed that the seat creaked whenever I moved, and the cabin LED lighting was a random mix of two different color temperatures. It looked like this plane was put together from spare parts, and the thing was creaking like a 1980's Chevy with a plastic interior as we did our taxi to the runway. On the takeoff roll, I thought for sure that the plane was going to fall apart in the middle of the runway!

Having crossed flying on a Scarebus off my list, me thinks that my feet will remain on terra firma from now on.....
My son flies the A319 and A320 for a major airline and it's actually a very good airplane: good in this case because it is well maintained.

Lesson: Cheap airlines = minimal maintenance.

When writing your life's plan, use a pencil with an eraser
Appreciate 0