View Single Post
      02-10-2012, 12:50 PM   #51
ATX78703
Major
Rep
Drives: 2014 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by m630 View Post
bmw does not ever follow audi so apologies for the disagreement. BMW could care less about younger buyers in this marketplace, they have come out with the 1er for entry level buyers which is now comparable to the a4, its not the case anymore that that a4 and 3er are in the same class, they arent.

And I can say with 100% certainty that the US will be getting the 4GC, its already been announced if you read closely, and there will be an M model, which will be my next next car, im getting the f30 335i in the interim. Good times to be had in the future with some of the bmw offerings on the way.

6CG is here to stay, it may one day replace the need for the 7er actually as that thing has seen its day and its too old school to be necessary anymore, you can get a 5er thats 95% the size of it with the same options and its cheaper, they may even one day bring the 5er Li across and then the naile would be sealed forever for the 7er.
i'm not sure what you're smoking, but i'll take some of that.

the a4 and 3er are, and will always be, fierce competitors in the exact same class....Not to mention that bmw bringing out a "4 series" is totally a copied concept off of what audi did with the A5. Its another way to make more $ with less production/development costs.

Hey, we're all bimmerphiles here, but give audi their due for what they did. It doesnt mean we like their products.