View Single Post
      11-25-2019, 12:16 AM   #2
Whipple
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M6 Gran Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffxxx View Post
Just finished the installation of a set of Fabworx Performance downpipes along with new spark plugs, aFe pro dry air filters with charcoal filter delete, and a Bootmod3 stage 2 91 octane flash. The car sounds and feels amazing. Not excessively loud at all and you can really hear the turbos spool up.

I read a lot about which downpipes to go with and I can attest that I had zero fitment issues with the Fabworx pipes. No cutting or modification to the heat shield was required for me. Message them on Facebook and they may be able to hook you up with a good price.

I had the pipes Cerakoted before installing which I couldn't get a definitive answer as to being required or not, but with the cost of these cars/motors I opted to spend the $150 to coat them for a peace of mind. So I would recommend that.

I replaced all the hardware/screw clamps/gaskets using this diagram linked below. You do not need to replace item No. 6 which is a spacer flange. Make a note that there is a gasket on the turbo shown on item No. 5.

https://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/sho...diagId=18_0952

Below is a link to a picture of them installed.

https://www.amazon.com/photos/shared...EWV2CuK5OxSsJ0
Yeah the downpipes on these cars sound awesome I have mine mated with a Full Meistershaft GTC exhaust with stage 3 DME tune it sounds insane,I installed Fabworx downpipes about a year ago and the only thing I had to adjust was the rear bracket behind the engine on the driver side it was a little bit of a pain but easy with the right tool,I never installed any ceracote or wrap, my engine temps stayed the same as stock,I spoke to Keith from Fabworx and he said its not necessary,So naked downpipes will cool off quite quickly ,the ceramic coat and wrap will never hurt anyway, the stock downpipes are double walled because the cats act like giant glowing heat sinks and that keeps the downpipes continually hot,
I see in your pic you used the bungy cord method to hold the DMEs open that works great ,enjoy and have fun
Appreciate 0