View Single Post
      08-02-2019, 08:50 AM   #1
Jims M3
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F95 X5M, F80 M3, C7 Z51

Mission Performance Tune installed

I just bought a 14 M6 GC about 3 weeks ago. I am a big BMW enthusiast and have had several BMW's. Each one has had upgrades done to it. I bought the GC as a car to work in and around the DFW metroplex and sold my Cayman S. So far I love the car, but wanted to do a stage 1 tune.

The first thing I did was replace the spark plugs and filters, did an oil change and then got the Mission Performance stage 1 tune.

First off the process was very easy with Mission Performance, the instructions were clear and the process worked flawlessly. I sent them my base tune via ENET cable and the next day they sent back the revised tune.

It installed in about 10 minutes and re-flashed the DME. I took it out for a drive and hoped I didn't get any "Drivetrain Malfunction" CE's. It worked flawlessly no issues and the car runs fantastic.

Power difference......amazing. I have a tuned C7 Corvette as well with Cam and Headers, this M6 just pulls so hard. I did a couple of pulls in 4th gear to redline and it was simply amazing how quickly the car hit 135 MPH. I need to take to a dyno and see what it is actually putting down at the wheels.

For $800 it was a great upgrade! I love flash tunes.....

My wife has an X5 with the N63 TU motor and a Racechip, while this car has more immediate torque, I think that is likely do to the Automatic. I think the traction control light is blinking more than it is putting down the power in the M6. I turned the traction control off but it still intervenes. I almost wish the M6 has an auto in it like the X5M I think it would work better in this car.

Regardless I am very happy with the tune. Amazing how well this car handles for such a porker.
Appreciate 1