View Single Post
      07-24-2019, 09:01 PM   #1
mediaboy
Rep
Drives: F06, F10, G07

My wife thinks I'm crazy - Interior Swap M6 GC

Just like the title says, wife thinks I'm crazy and I'm looking for unbiased opinions from other obsessive enthusiasts.

I've been searching for a 6MT GC forever that wasn't ragged on and that doesn't cost $135k. An impossible task. Recently I got a POSSIBLE lead on a low mileage GC with Canyon Brown interior. Problem is, I prefer more traditional interiors such as black or gray.

I haven't seen the car (or color) in person yet, only in random Google pictures. Even with the color, if it all checks out, it'd be hard to pass up.

So that leads me to my current internal debate. What to do about the interior. Obviously I'd give it a few months to see if it grows on me. If not, here's what I got:

1. Have interior reupholstered. If possible. Not my favorite option because I like OEM quality / fitment.

2. Buy salvage car and do full swap. (Totally crazy, I know)

3. Do even swap with other GC owner who likes the $5,000 individual brown.

4. Have interior professionally re-dyed black.

5. Suck it up, drive the car and trade out if another crosses my path.

Biggest problem with every option is I believe the brown is also on the dash, and I don't think it's a removable piece. Entire dash swap doesn't sound realistic.

Not to mention any hit to resale value. Which isn't super important to me, because I'll keep for a long time since 6MT's for a car this big are dead.

Appreciate any insight you guys may have, or ideas I haven't thought about.

Maybe my wife is right, and I'm really crazy.
Appreciate 0