11-24-2019, 03:07 PM   #9
JBF650
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2015 F13 LCI 650i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomM6 View Post
I am ready to replace my PPF and will be doing paint correction and ceramic coating. I have a few questions that I would appreciate feedback.
1. Should I go with 2 year or 5 year since it is a weekend car and stays in a heater garage?
2. Is it worth doing the wheels too?
3. Are you happy with doing it.
4. What is a reasonable cost for paint correction with the 5 year ceramic coating?
Thanks
Hi Tom, I weighed up the same points prior to getting this done to my 650. All I can say is I felt it was completely worth it. I had a buff and paint correction prior to ceramic coat. This was due to some marks on the clear coat that needed a proper buff to remove. I also had my alloys ceramic coated as well. My car being sapphire black looks amazing when clean however of course gets ‘dusty’ quickly.... I’m not sure the ceramic coat helps repel dust but is most certainly makes cleaning very easy! Also the shine and mirror like result is truely beautiful with ceramic coat.

I paid around $2k mark for all this so I’m happy, Opti Coat gave me a 7 year guarantee.... but I’m told reapplication every 2 years is feasible if I feel the shine fades somewhat. My cars are secure garaged and I wash my cars each week to ensure surface contamination doesn’t sit too long. My recommendation would be ceramic coat even if it isn’t your DD. Here is a pic of my Shark clean as a whistle after its ceramic coat. I’m not sure a ‘before and after’ would really show the difference but real life does!
Good luck with whatever you end up doing. Cheers
Attached Images

Last edited by JBF650; 11-24-2019 at 03:17 PM..
Appreciate 1
TomM673.00