11-16-2019, 04:57 PM   #7
brad850csi
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 16 F13 M6 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthCountryGuy View Post
Thanks Guys.
My M6 is being prepped for me now. I will have it next weekish depending on the weather up here. Won’t be driving it till the season and the salt goes away. Just gathering info for later. I’m considering getting the widest tire I reasonably can with the best grip (likely the PS4). My Porsche 928 S4 was rear wheel drive with a 40% LSD, but it did have weight over the rear axle as that’s where the transmission was located. A marvelously balanced, and handling car. 560 HP transmitted from the rear with no weight is something I’m going to have to adjust to.
I am really looking forward to it.
Thanks again,
Craig
There isn't actually much difference in the weight distribution, the M6 Coupe and Gran Coupe are about 52% front, the Vert is about 49%. A quick bit of googling seems to show the 928 has 51% front stock.

My car is a 600ps comp pack and in 2nd gear on a smooth road I get grip just fine with the 305/30r20 PS4S tyres.

For 1st, if I smash the throttle off the line it'll spin the wheels so instead I go to about 50-60% throttle to get it moving, then floor it. As boost starts to come on at about 2500-3000rpm I'll shift into 2nd. That will normally result in no wheel spin at all or perhaps just a tiny bit in 1st and will regularly result in 3.7-3.9 seconds to 100kmh.