Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 650xi Gran Coupe Msport

Garage List
2020 BMW M340xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by StraightAero View Post
Sadly, I have to. You're right, upstate650... We have other cars here in UK, but this was supposed to be my motorway-smasher/fun ride for cruising solo around this little island for work/fun. Damn, that will be so fun to do my weekly 850miles in our VW Tiguan or our new Peugeot 3008.... :/

I'm gonna whine... (where's the wine?)

I love(d) this F12 650i though and I knew what I was getting, taking a risk on the N63. I got her used with 1,200 miles. Hell, I had an E92 335xi in The States that went through 5 HPFPs and i still dealt with that.. cost me nothing by time sitting at at my BMW dealer, drinking their coffee and flirting with the hostesses. (The customer service experience isn't quite the same in the UK, mind you.) Even at 79k miles in the US BMW replaced both turbos under warranty. Here, they laugh at you when you mention the N63 CCP..... BMW biz decision = Brits suck it up, not used to Cust Service, screw em.. no CCP.

The 650i vert was so fun (when it ran) and has been under warranty (expiring soon). Great on my long motorway journeys, fun to drive around Central London (even as a 'commoner car'), and not too showy to worry about parked.
I can afford to repair it without a warranty, but that's stupid now. It's not the kinda of car that I should dump that kind of money into and consider it "my baby". It's not an old sentimental P car or a Ferrari....

Alas, woe is me. I am home now. The flatbed will take the car to my dealer. I'm sulking in my home office drinking pint cans of Stella and playing with the BMW configurator for an X5. I might just go with a bitchy "euro-diesel" and keep it as our 'UK car' for the long haul........ We'll be in The States more over the next few years possibly anyway. When does the US 8 Series configurator open up?

Woe is me. Woe is Woe. Woe.... woe. more Stella.
That X5 ///M50d, though...
Appreciate 0