View Single Post
      09-15-2020, 01:42 PM   #1
Dfilpo
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 640XI Gran coupe

New help with upgrades and maintenance -640xi n55

Hello everyone,

I am not new to bimmerpost, however this would be my first official post. As I am a loyal beamer enthusiast who has owned two E46 and have been eagerly reading all of your threads for years with envy.

Now that I am of age and a college graduate my wallet can afford something more luxurious and powerful, if I might say so myself.

I recently purchased a 2017 640xi gran coupe with the n55 engine (zf-8th speed transmission). This car is a dream come true the exterior paint is ruby red metallic , ( a whopping 1,800$ option), digital display and all the whistles and bells that have the neighbors saying ,"wow what a nice car".

The Interior of the vehicle is Opal white merino leather, with contrast stitching on the dash. (The white seats are very worrisome but both the cognac and red interior were sold quickly).

The car has almost every option besides the B-O sound system( mine has hk system) and night vision, which I see is very impractical unless you live in northern latitudes of the globe.

List of packages:
[ZCW] cold weather package
[ZDB] driving assistance plus
[ZEC] executive package
[ZMS] M sport edition
[ZMP] M sport package
ceramic controls and piano finish black trim.

The pictures do more justice, if I might say.

I was not on the market for a v8 because this car will be my daily driver as well I live in the NYC area therefore I would never consider a car with a gas guzzler engine despite the power due to constraints set by traffic.

Nonetheless I know there is a vast foundation of knowledge on the upgrades to the n55 engine, but I want those fellow 6ixers with to share some built knowledge on this thread. My car is still under warranty so besides upgrades to the charge pipe, kidney grilles and air filter I will not change the car as it is perfect in every way in my eyes until a year or so down the line when the thirst for more power engulfs my mind and body.

I do want to keep up with maintenance such as intake valve cleaning, fuel filter and various other scheduled maintenance. My visit to the service department is on October 2nd and I am not sure how it will go.I've read many bad reviews on the dealership. I also paid for external warranty through the dealership that I bought the vehicle at. My main concerns are the front shocks and the button pad in the idrive system (the buttons seem to be sticky).

and guidance on modifications , part numbers and overall experiences with the vehicle would be greatly appreciated.

Best regards,
Mr.Filpo
Attached Images

Appreciate 0