07-06-2021, 02:46 PM   #297
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyD^2 View Post
Anecdotal but I've owned several Fords and my 2012 Mustang GT was by far the biggest lemon in my 30 year history of driving cars. My other Fords have been only average at best as Ford always cuts corners and assembly of their vehicles is always pretty substandard. No doubt you could own a Ford that is problem free as cars in general today are more reliable than they used to be but from my experience I would rather not purchase a new model Ford in its initial years. I'm not scared in the least to own my X3M past the warranty as my last two BMW's haven't had a single issue from new.

I feel once Ford irons out the wrinkles these vehicles should be more reliable than Wranglers but time will tell.
Last new Ford I owned was a 1999 F150. Not the best Ford I've owned but it was Jac Nasser era vehicle, which the quality was cut in lieu of profit. He had to pay for the Primere Auto Group somehow.

Anyway, my brother has owned several trouble free Fords over the past 20 years. Surveys put Ford in the industry average quality range, usually ranking a few spots ahead of BMW.

Were your BMWs first-year models? My E90 is a first-year model and has been a great car. IMO, in the modern manufacturing age, the whole first-year crap is... just that, crap.
Appreciate 0