01-13-2020, 10:32 PM   #14
plm
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: M6 GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by RagtagXMASTER View Post
This is great. i will relocate my electronics to the engine bay then. I currently made a switch box from an old car starter enclosure to make it even more of a quick disconnect. so i can just flip all the switches and have it all deactivated. I can just move it all to the engine bay and have it connected up there. my only issue is my FI exhaust controller. I cant relocate that out of my trunk easily. could i just send that to chassis ground there, and if i do that can i just put the junction box i made ground to chassis ground through the battery hold down clamp or something else?
You don't need to move anything to the engine bay. All you need in order for the IBS to know what's going on with anything you've added to the vehicle is to ground anything you add to the chassis and not to the battery negative terminal itself.

You could use the huge ground wire connection bolt in the trunk, or you could use one of the battery retaining screws if these have a good ground connection (measure resistance between the screw and the chassis ground terminal to check). Or find another chassis screw in the vicinity of the area you're looking for.

One not to use is the clamp on the rear wall of the trunk that supports the toolkit. That one looks promising, but it actually screws into a spring clip that doesn't make a good ground connection. Don't ask me how I know!
Appreciate 0