01-07-2021, 10:17 AM   #12
fiveohwblow
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15, E46 & M3, F82

Quote:
Originally Posted by DETRoadster View Post
Thanks for the input everyone! So far it sounds like no one here actually has their 5G home service, yet. For me, it's the only available alternate to Comcast in my area. Well, I also could do CenturyLink but they only have an old 1.5 Mbps T1 line in the street so that's not really an option for me. So it's $90 a month for 25 Mbps of Comcast with their throttled connection and data streaming caps, or, $50 a month for T-Mobile with no throttle, no caps, no contract, no equipment rental. I guess all I have to lose is $50 if I try it for a month and hate it. I'd likely keep the Comcast connection active for that month just in case, then cancel it after I discover whether the T Mobile service will work for me.
To clarify, is the 5g being offered to you? I went to the landing page and again it states its just the LTE I have and I have received no notification. I called the support line and asked, was told q1 2021 was the anticipated date, so should be soon. I have an iPhone 12 Pro and speed tested 5g, pretty consistent above 200 mbps vs the average of 85-100 I see with LTE. GIMME GIMME LOL
Appreciate 0