Thread: Vinyl Wrap
View Single Post
      05-28-2019, 10:51 AM   #21
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Update:

Saturday morning we started aroumd 9:30 a.m. Way too hot and humid of a day for us to attempt this feat in a non-temperature regulated environment. Prepped the area with 70% alcohol, laid down the knifeless tape, taped all surrounding areas to the roof, successfully removed shark fin antenna in 10 minutes (no small feat, we got lucky). First was to wrap the shark fin as I expected it to be a PITA. One piece wrap, no seams, nailed it on the second try. It turned out perfect! Next up was to lay down the vinyl and glass it out. Not so successful. We used Vvivid vinyl as I wanted something with a little more thickness to it than 3M or Avery. I wanted it to withstand the elements, not just look pretty. After several hours of working the vinyl, we finally got it laid down smoothly. We ended up with a few small bubbles and crease marks from where we had to lift the vinyl then lay it back down using the heat gun and a squeegee; but after letting it soak up the sun in the driveway the next day, it turned out great. I'll upload some pictures as soon as work slows down a little.

Last edited by King Rudi; 05-29-2019 at 07:40 AM..
Appreciate 1