View Single Post
      05-21-2019, 08:57 AM   #10
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessone View Post
Which car are you wrapping the roof on? Got a picture of the recess?
I'll get a picture posted up of the area I'm talking about in a bit. With plenty of heat I should be able to get it to form to the area that I need it in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmette View Post
I wrapped my interior trim and would love to wrap my whole exterior myself if I had a garage and a second car to drive during the process. It just takes practice and patience. The most annoying part is just taking apart the car.

https://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1234263
That turned out great Tara. I've got some shots somewhere of my E93 trim I wrapped in matte black. Right before I sold the car, I noticed that the edges of the vents started coming apart. I'm thinking I needed more relief cuts and heat on the inside edges. Oh well, it was my first wrap job and the car is gone now so I don't have to look at it anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roastbeef View Post
i used some of these when i did a quick wrap job in a small area on my wife's car. make sure you have good scissors and a heat gun or blow drier.
https://www.amazon.com/Bondo-357-Pla...gateway&sr=8-3
Appreciate ya. Yeah, I've got the tool thing covered. I have a ton of magnetic felt tip squeegees, knives (I use a surgical scalpel with an 11 blade), magnets, trim and panel removal tools. I used to install car audio and detailed cars on the side. I've still got tools that I haven't used for the first time yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IllSic_Design View Post
Was just going to advise to watch CKwraps, he is the man. I have watched tons of his videos, makes me a little more confident knowing some of his tips and tricks for when I wrap(try) mine
I have to say I was a little skeptical of his work on the first video I watched of his on wrapping a shark fin antenna by having a seem in it. After watching more of his videos, he is definitely a master at his craft. I've learned a ton by watching his channel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dang3r View Post
We got a very good DIY section here, there are plenty of threads with tips and pictures how to wrap and avoid some mistakes...
Don't know why I didn't look there first. Thank you!

Last edited by King Rudi; 05-21-2019 at 09:02 AM..
Appreciate 2
Dang3r12512.00