View Single Post
      08-04-2021, 05:28 PM   #11
Cincinnatus
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 M6

I bought a SO 2013 M6 from Greater Chicago Motors 3.5 years ago and I've been thrilled with it. A couple of problems, but not catastrophic nor wildly expensive. I replaced the rear diff seals last season and one head gasket this year. Other than that, routine maintenance. I change my oil once per season, and while some car owners who pay $40 for a change think that $130 is horrific, they change their mind when the spend 15 minutes in the passenger seat.

As a former BMW CA, I assure you that price is negotiable, but remember that the sales rep's name isn't on the side of the building, he needs to make a living, too. One thing I'd urge you to do is get a PPI from another source, and yes, a warranty gives peace of mind. If anything goes big bad, it's big money. However, as noted, this motor and the build quality of the car around it, is highly reliable. (knocking wood...)

That said, my M6 has been a boatload of fun, thus heads anytime I pass someone who knows anything about cars, and has been a pleasure to own and drive. I think it may be a future classic.
Appreciate 0