View Single Post
      06-24-2021, 11:15 AM   #9666
Chihuahua
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E30 329iS, E65 Alpina B7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turkish Pickle View Post
Hey friends, time to ask a question I wish I didn't have to.

How do you break up with someone that moved in with you? There's no financial obligation from her, or anything tying us together financially (lease under my name; bought a few articles of furniture together but am willing to pay her back if asked). But she's from another state, and it'd take her three days (at least) to go back and I doubt she's keen on doing that trip alone.

What do you think is the right thing to do? I don't want to just put someone on the curb, that's cruel - but I don't have any interest in continuing this relationship, either.
Sorry to hear things didn't work out. I hope you're doing OK.

The answer to your question is you sit her down and have a very candid, very adult conversation and let her know that you're not interested in continuing the relationship. The lease is in your name, so she at least will know that she is the one that needs to move out. I'm assuming things are somewhat amicable and it's just not working out.

The right thing to do is to give her an appropriate amount of time to find somewhere to go. She's the lady, so if you're in a one bedroom place she gets the bed and you sleep on the couch. Yes, it will be uncomfortable and tense for a little while.

BTDT. Good luck.
Appreciate 2