04-28-2020, 08:42 PM   #14
luv135i
Major
Rep
Drives: White

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surge21 View Post
Hello!

I was blessed to be able to just buy one of my dream cars - a 2014 M6 GC!! WOOHOO!!!

The first thing I wanted to do was to purchase a warranty so that I could drive the car without freaking out about something breaking down lol I figured I would share this for anyone looking for coverage as it seems like not a lot of companies want to handle M6's.

I shopped around for a bit and ended up going with a company called Freedom Warranty of America. My car currently has 57k on it and this warranty is for 5 Years and up to 100k on the odometer and is called a "Manufacturer's Extension" that's an exclusionary policy (which in theory is great because it tells you what it doesn't cover instead of what it does). I can look up my contract and share the exclusionary parts list as well. I ended up paying $3200. There is an option to extend the plan for another 25k (up to 125k on the odometer) for $300.

Everything else seems standard - $100 deductible, 30 day waiting period for claims, rental car coverage, roadside assistance, no-fee to transfer when you sell etc.

Anyways, just though I'd share!

Cheers!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Surge21 View Post
Hello!

I was blessed to be able to just buy one of my dream cars - a 2014 M6 GC!! WOOHOO!!!

The first thing I wanted to do was to purchase a warranty so that I could drive the car without freaking out about something breaking down lol I figured I would share this for anyone looking for coverage as it seems like not a lot of companies want to handle M6's.

I shopped around for a bit and ended up going with a company called Freedom Warranty of America. My car currently has 57k on it and this warranty is for 5 Years and up to 100k on the odometer and is called a "Manufacturer's Extension" that's an exclusionary policy (which in theory is great because it tells you what it doesn't cover instead of what it does). I can look up my contract and share the exclusionary parts list as well. I ended up paying $3200. There is an option to extend the plan for another 25k (up to 125k on the odometer) for $300.

Everything else seems standard - $100 deductible, 30 day waiting period for claims, rental car coverage, roadside assistance, no-fee to transfer when you sell etc.

Anyways, just though I'd share!

Cheers!

Can you buy it straight through freedom or dealers only?
Appreciate 1