03-13-2020, 02:17 PM   #2
AlpineKing
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2018 M6 GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surge21 View Post
Hello!

I was blessed to be able to just buy one of my dream cars - a 2014 M6 GC!! WOOHOO!!!

The first thing I wanted to do was to purchase a warranty so that I could drive the car without freaking out about something breaking down lol I figured I would share this for anyone looking for coverage as it seems like not a lot of companies want to handle M6's.

I shopped around for a bit and ended up going with a company called Freedom Warranty of America. My car currently has 57k on it and this warranty is for 5 Years and up to 100k on the odometer and is called a "Manufacturer's Extension" that's an exclusionary policy (which in theory is great because it tells you what it doesn't cover instead of what it does). I can look up my contract and share the exclusionary parts list as well. I ended up paying $3200. There is an option to extend the plan for another 25k (up to 125k on the odometer) for $300.

Everything else seems standard - $100 deductible, 30 day waiting period for claims, rental car coverage, roadside assistance, no-fee to transfer when you sell etc.

Anyways, just though I'd share!

Cheers!
Congrats on the car! Could you share some of the parts on the exclusionary list? Mine is still under factory for a while but definitely am considering an aftermarket one once the time comes.

Also any specific mention of aftermarket mods such as exhaust & tune?
Appreciate 0