View Single Post
      06-09-2020, 12:47 PM   #15
plm
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: M6 GC

I just did my biannual leather overhaul with ColourLock.

I used Mild Leather Cleaner on everything bar the front seats, which got Strong Leather Cleaner since I have a Silverstone II interior and wear jeans most of the time, so I always end up with some dye transfer.

I dyed some creases and a couple of marks with Leather Fresh, using an artist brush and one of their foam blocks. I also hit the perforated panels on both front seats with a foam block and a quick light coat to really restore the colour. The artist brush really helps to get between the lines of contrasting stitching without hitting it with dye, plus you can also apply it very thinly and build up multiple coats, which is better than putting it on too thick. It's worth having at least one of their foam sanding pads to prep the surface and to level any nicks. Also, if you ever go a bit heavy on the dye and end up with a shiny spot, you can bring it down with the pad and it'll disappear.

Then everything got a thorough soaking with Leather Protector was left to fully absorb for 24 hours since I didn't need to use the car. Then finally Leather Shield applied with a foam block and levelled with a microfibre towel.

You can actually feel the difference in the leather as you slide in the car. And there's no shine either. It's a completely OEM satin look.

Last time I did it I was in a time crunch so I did the Leather Shield first, dried it with a heat gun, and then applied the Leather Protector. That's their alternative method, but I think using it their preferred process and letting the Leather Protector really dwell works better.
Appreciate 1