View Single Post
      05-28-2020, 05:40 PM   #1629
super51fan
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F10 535i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moflow View Post
Ehhh, the 4-banger in the Supra is likely underrated and the 3.7 in the Z is probably over rated, but we're talking 75 horsepower here, not like 15-25. I'm sure they have very similar acceleration numbers, but i'm guessing most of that comes down to transmission and the ZF 8-speed being god tier as far as autos go.

And quite frankly if you have two cars with identical acceleration numbers, i'd almost always rather have the one that shifts slower, as you know its pulling harder IN GEAR than the car that's making up time by shifting faster (that and i've never owned an automatic and don't intend to start any time soon.)

I'm not saying the Supra is a bad value. I'm saying for people who just want the best driving experience and don't have a lot of money to spend, taking a long hard look at a Z might be a wise move.
75 peak horsepower. Keyword is peak. Peak is important.

2.0 Supra makes more power than the 370z until roughly 5500-6000 rpm and makes more torque throughout the powerband. IN GEAR or not, the Supra pulls way harder down low at the RPMs you use the most thus feeling faster.

Of course the ZF8 is to credit for this. But the 370Z also has abysmal gearing that only makes the car fun on a track at redline.

I truly don’t think 2.0 Supra is a good value either but my 6MT G37 was the most boring car I ever owned and was only a good driving experience on longer road trips which I don’t think the 370z is as refined in that category.
Appreciate 0