View Single Post
      10-19-2018, 10:21 AM   #22
SYT_Shadow
///M Powered for Life
Rep
Drives: E90M/E92M/M4GTS/M4GT4/X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFCM3 View Post
Are you seeing something im not? it looks like the quick jacks allow for alot of work space under the car, being as how they lift from the jacking points on the side of the car. Are you thinking of a scissor lift? those are completely useless for anything under the car...

Also why does everybody comment on how you have to lug these around? Cant you just leave them in one spot and drive over them into your parking spot? Are they not meant to be driven over on a daily basis?

they give plenty of space. I've done multiple full exhaust systems with mine in multiple cars

The two platforms have quick disconnects so you can easily separate the device. I've only done this once or twice, the rest of the time the quickjack sits slightly to the side of my car so I don't have run over them every day -- i don't think they're made be run over

Anyone who says this is similar to jack stands and a jack has absolutely no clue what they're talking about. In AER we have 10 guys and 4 giant jacks and we still take the QuickJack.
Jacking up a car to a proper height is quite dangerous and takes forever to do it right.

Whichever genius thinks this is in the same planet as a jack and stands, please post a video of how you raise your car to the height the QJ raises it in 30 seconds, which is what it takes me with the QJ in complete safety. I sense a Darwin Award coming up soon

In Watkins Glen, a nice big racetrack, the mechanic shop that's on site has the regular quickjack. They use theirs nonstop, for years, and it still works perfectly.
Appreciate 4
86Zed924.50
pz6193275.50
BayE301341.00
FaRKle!3996.00