View Single Post
      05-29-2019, 02:21 PM   #6
Jeffxxx
Private
Rep
Drives: 2015 bmw m6 GC competition

I posted this in another thread asking a similar question,

I ended up with a 2015 M6 GC fully optioned with the competition package. 27k miles. I haven’t owned it long enough to say anything about the engine or transmission. But I have come across a few posts where engines have been replaced. The transmission seems to be fine, but if you are planning on increasing power there is always an increase in risk associated with the engine and transmission.

But from my own personal experience I am in the middle of having the A/C evaporator replaced at the dealer which is a $3700 repair at retail cost. I’ve already spent $370 for a drain and fill to try and identify if there was a leak and the dealership couldn’t find it anywhere. So their next assumption is the evaporator which is buried in the dash. Luckily BMW USA agreed to cover 80 percent of the cost of the repair. The overall situation has been an absolute pain to deal with.

So my advice is to find something with a warranty and/or get a really thorough pre purchase inspection along with reviewing the maintenance history on the vehicle.