View Single Post
      03-05-2020, 01:30 AM   #18
Ort2020
Rep
Drives: BMW 640d M-Sport Convertible

Been playing around with my new pre-LCI 2015 and the dial on the headlight switch does change the ambient strips too... agreed that’s it’s VERY subtle however; coming from a 2015 4-series, the ambient lighting range was much brighter at max setting...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qsilver7 View Post
Ah...it was "Audi-speak"...thanks...I actually had no clue what it was...thanks for the clarification.

In regards to interior light adjustment...there are the reading lamps in the headliner that can turn the interior light on/off. But if you're referring to the interior reddish ambient lighting option...on the early versions of this feature (pre LCI/facelift)...it was designed to be subtle (very subtle). On the newer/later versions BMW upped the ante and now the interiors can look like stripper lounges if the owner wants it to be.

If you have a dark interior...it is even more difficult to see the ambient lighting unless you hold something light (like white paper) below the areas where the light shines. Or if you stick your hand near, under, or into one of the areas that is illuminated...you can see the light. But again, it was designed (initially) to be subtle lighting.

I'm not sure if it would work for the ambient lighting or not...but you can try adjusting the dial on the headlight switch. It adjusts the dash/instrument cluster lighting...and it may also adjust the ambient lighting, too. But again, on a 2014 model year...ambient lighting was designed to be subtle.
Appreciate 0