Westside Guy
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 Z4 M40i, 2021 228i GC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3SQRD View Post
Whether buying off the lot or doing a custom build, I believe it’s best to do it in person. The dealership might not have the exact build you want but you can still go in and test drive one with similar features and/or colors and then bring up the idea of doing a custom build. You also need to discuss allocations because a dealership might not have an allocation for the model you want. However, except for our ‘20 g20, we’ve always had an pre-existing relationship with the dealership where we’ve done our custom builds and price negotiating.
I totally agree with you!

IIRC, there are 2 dealers in the Austin area and the OP can also expand their search and check out San Antonio. They should go in person as I don't recommend that one purchases/ leases a new BMW online if if they are looking for a discount.

Also my wife wanted an ivory interior when we leased her 2021 228i GC and my dealer only had her color with a black interior. She didn't want to wait for new production and when we said we would look elsewhere he did a swap with another dealer and had the combination for her within a week with a fair discount.
Appreciate 0