View Single Post
      01-21-2019, 03:14 PM   #41
Flo1989
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M6 Gran Coupe

This is where my OCD level of care starts to take place...Took the time over the weekend to fully clean and condition my leather with Swissvax Forte kit. Although it's a bit pricey, I feel as though it was worth every penny. It seems that the driver seats upper bolster is a weak point in these cars because during my search of M6's, most of them showed signs of wear there. I figured I would end up having to dye it for restoration, but that thought is no more. It was a simple two step process, Cleaner & Conditioner, that resulted in what you see in the photos. No edits, no silly angles, none of that.

Next was cleaning up the area behind the kidney grilles. I had a set of RPI air scoops and black grilles that I wanted to install so I figured I'd knock this all out at once. The given space had a very "ashy" look to it and was easily noticeable to me, especially when the sun would hit it. So I simple cleaned this area with alcohol and then restored it using my go-to for plastic trim, Solution Finish Black. When maintained properly, I've personally seen it last for 14 months on a much more exposed area.

Appreciate 2
ts-m516.50
kong24680252.00