View Single Post
      04-25-2024, 09:23 AM   #13
hubbahubba
Captain
Rep
Drives: M3CX

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridaorange View Post
After being your own boss - could you ever go back to working for someone else?
In late 2014 my wife and I both quit our jobs and went out on our own to open a restaurant. That was her world, not mine, but we went for it together. In early 2016 I got a call from my old employer saying they had a project that they had hired a guy specifically to do, but his wife was transferred out of state so he quit. They had nobody on staff that had the experience to do it, and was I interested in doing this project for them? After a year and a half of not having a paycheck and paying for our own insurance, it didn't take long to make the decision to grab the money. It was supposed to be a 2 year gig. At 3-1/2 years in, and with at least a year to go, the restaurant had grown to the point where Mrs H needed me back, so back I went. We've never looked back. Going back to being an employee with a healthy salary allowed us to get over the hump at the restaurant. In our case, it was worth every minute, especially since I really liked my job and company. Given the proper time and place, I'd do it again, I just don't see that time and place appearing anytime soon. I'm loving the freedom I have now!
Appreciate 4
Esteban44182.00
Alfisti6550.50
dradernh4459.50