View Single Post
      05-24-2019, 09:07 PM   #33
Opie55
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '15 650i Convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezmaass View Post
None of these issues should deter someone from buying a 650 - it is, after all, one of the very best GT cars in its class. The level of luxury, speed, technology, and drop dead gorgeous looks - it's seriously hard to beat. You really need to step up to something like a Bentley GTC - and the latest, at that - to get something markedly better. Now you're into a $200k+ price range.

Truth be told, even the new 8-series, I feel, doesn't live up to the 6 as a total package - it has the interior quality but not necessarily the style; the same is true of the exterior - good but not gorgeous. The power is the one area it clearly beats the 6, and while I wouldn't turn it down, I never feel like the 6's 445hp leaves me wanting for more. And this is exactly why I'm not trading my 650 for an 850 now.

Just know what you're getting into when you buy it. As I said above, do your homework and buy one that's been treated the right way. Then just be prepared for what MIGHT happen - hope for the best, expect the worst. The 650 is really a nice place to spend time - so enjoy it! There seriously aren't many cars that are THIS complete of a package.

Lastly, it's worth shopping for one with the bells and whistles. All the little stuff adds up - whether B&O, adaptive drive, night vision, or even the active seats. It all adds to the atmosphere of what's a very luxurious and stylish package.
Totally agree with this post. Just took mine on an 2,300 mile road trip with zero issues. And mine has every option you listed. The active seats are weird as heck, but hey, you won't find them in a Honda.
Appreciate 1