07-08-2016, 04:32 AM   #9
NINJA59
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 640D GC and MX5 NC PRHT

Quote:
Originally Posted by 640m View Post
They drop like a stone though. Especially the m6
It depends though visually up front they do to anyone not buying them (or not aware of the level of discount), but very few people actually pay list price for them in the first place...

Case in point many on lease were getting the base price reduced from £65K to around high £40's, low £50's. Shoving a few £K of options on call it £55K.

Couple of years on the same car is mid 30's. The level of drop is far smaller than people actually realise, because of the above, if I had paid 60K+ for it I would have been crying to sleep, fact of the matter is no one pays the list price.

The only reason the list price is there is so that it sits nicely between the top end 5 and 7 series. Added to that is the level at which they sell which is fairly slow compared with say a 1,2,3 and 4.

Having driven a 530D F10 M Sport the only thing "better" was the ride, I personally thought that is more down to running 19's than 20's (interestingly that was on the new P Zero so I might put it on the 20's when they have worn out).

Going for brand new or on lease is a close run thing with the 6 really as the level of discount and most of all 0% offers can depending on circumstance make the AUC more expensive. I purchased mine outright, but the APR rate was huge (compared with the 0%) on mine when I looked around 8-11%.

Last edited by NINJA59; 07-08-2016 at 04:47 AM..
Appreciate 0