MelbourneFinn
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2021 G30 M550i

Garage List
2021 BMW M550i  [9.00]
Yes, it will feel like a new car!

I moved from an Audi RS4 (purchased new) after 2.5 years to a F13 - felt like a new car, all the way until I swapped it for a F06 a year and a half later. This was 15 mths ago - and it still feels like a new car!

I was considering a 650i (F13) originally, and the real reason to buy a M6 instead was that the 650i is a very nice and capable car, but just that compared to a M6... M6 is special, in so many ways, compared a normal car. That keeps it new and fresh for a very long time.

Yes, the fuel consumption is up there, if you drive it like a mad man, and in the city - less than 400 km (250 mls) wouldn’t be a surprise, but then again, drive it in normal traffic for longer distances, and I have seen 800 km out of a tank... With 600 hp you can dry a tank pretty fast, if that’s the way you use a car, but keep doing that and 600 hp will also send you to jail pretty quickly...

Lastly, if it’s F06 you are after, I’m still of an opinion that it looks sexier than the new 8-series GranCoupe... Based on renderings, the M treatment improves the standard 8-series, but fundamentally the proportions make it look “fat” compared to F06... So, my money would still go to M6 F06, even if I could reconsider now having seen the new model...
Appreciate 0