06-16-2021, 10:35 AM   #528
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep
Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5Rick View Post
''as there is no requirement for them to maintain pressures once a car is out on track''.
I've been perusing over this bit and agree that it's a bit greyish here.
There's also talk of tyre warmer cover temps being regulated as the correlation of putting air/nitrogen into a tyre and how hot the tyre warmers are with the tyre pressure reading can vary.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoK View Post
I also think that Pirelli's speculation about tyre warmer temps maybe playing a role a bit exaggerated.

I mean, VER had driven what? 30 laps on those tyres before they blew?
You'd think that after 30 laps, the few degrees in variation on the tyre warmers have been dissipade after ~1 hour of competition driving

They are all valid points in regulating everything before the start of the race, but more of a levelling of the playing field. Not as a point of investigation why STR and VER tyres blew.

As for tyre pressure reading and temperature: With cars being stuffed so full with sensors, I would think that they would not only monitor pressure but also temperature of the air in the tyres.
Monitoring temperature is even easier than monitoring pressure imho

Also their speculation about RB having a strange way of monitoring pressure that might evade the rules (which they were speculating on in the beginning), that is so easy to check.
I mean what's keeping them to put their own tyre pressure gauge on a tyre, checking the pressure and then checking the pressure in the telemetry data stream.
A lot of things about the Pirelli investigation sound very amateuristic to me, or at least how the media reports them.

So their conclusion about why the tyres blew, saying that it was a likely result of the ‘running condition of the tyre’, but not specifying what (did they think the pressure was too low during the race or the temperature was too high during the race and what caused it) is so vague that I can only translate that as "we have no clue why the tyres blew"
If it was the running condition of the tyre, surely they investigated running conditions of a lot of other cars (they have included tyres from other cars in their investigation), and would have seen significant consistent differences with the other tyres/cars/teams.
Negative ! According the latest ...
Pirelli said the tyre PSI pressures were according spec .
The recorded data from the Red Bull tyre sensors showed a green bar during MAX's last lap !

I fear the worst in the races to come !!!
Attached Images

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 2
M5Rick60016.50