View Single Post
      09-17-2021, 07:48 PM   #30
vreihen16
Recovering Perfectionist
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i3 BEV

Garage List
I honestly thought that my ambulance ride was coming before I even opened the box yesterday (Thursday). Woke up barfing, and was still tossing my cookies after midnight without even being able to hold water down. Finally had a semi-solid food meal for dinner tonight, after chicken soup for breakfast and lunch.

On the e-bike front, I opened the box, pulled everything out, and assembled the front wheel (mounted disk and installed quick-release axle). The battery is on the charger now.

The "Metakoo" branding on the front rim is some sort of one-piece industrial-strength decal. It looks like it will come off with some moderate heat gun persuasion, but I think that I'll leave it on for now rather than risking damage to the black rim's (apparently) anodized finish and mounted tire/tube.

The packaging was excellent. So far, the only thing that I have found that was damaged in transit is an adjusting screw/nut that fell out of the rear reflector. Both were rolling around the bottom of the small parts box, and it was a quick fix even with their included cheesy phillips-head screwdriver.

Fingers (and stomach) crossed, I'll be able to finish the assembly tomorrow and see how far I can ride without winding up in a ditch!

Oh, I did add a few extra steps to the assembly process. I ordered a bell, headlight/taillight, and quick-release rear cargo rack, so the ambulance crew will know that I'm old and fragile when they are carrying me out of that ditch.....