Angry Ketchup
Private
England
Rep
Drives: 650i (F12)

Quote:
Originally Posted by elvisisdog View Post
Take your car seat and try it[...].
This is really the best advice. Or, as it is surely possible to find seats that fit the car & the kids, just take the car to one of those Mothercare/Kids Superstore sorta places and they help you fit various seats to find what works best for you. We did this with our F12 and I was really surprised how it improved the fit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by re2gie01 View Post
Consider trunk space. If this is the family car, luggage, stroller, etc can get pretty tight pretty quickly.
With an F06, there will be plenty of space. We max out an F12 and take everything & the kitchen sink on seaside holidays...

We have done a lot of travelling with the F12 with a very large pram (UppaBaby Vista with 2 seats + boogeyboard), lots of luggage (soft duffels work great for cramming them in around the pram), soft coolers, boxes of wine, all sorts... Then in the cabin, we have an isofix style base and reclining seat for the 20month old situated behind the passenger side and a seatbelt-secured Nania type behind the driver's seat for a 4.5yr old. I'm tall and big, so my seat is nearly the whole way back when driving. $4.5 yr old has plenty of room. The little one on the other side also has plenty of room even with me always forcing my wife to put her seat "all the way down and back... where you belong, woman" (she hates that, haha. sometimes i get smacked.) just for my own visibility preference while driving.

Rarely, we've had to put a small bag or a soft cooler in the passenger footwell... but wifey is small and this doesn't bother her legroom at all. The car is very densely packed and noticeably weighed down. I'm often impressed with how much we cram into it... and that is without flipping back the convertible shelf flap thing in the trunk/boot which gives even more space, but then you can't open the roof. We open the roof alot.. even if it's just to load the little ones in the back. lol

Yeah, our new XC60 is probably better at weekend holidays around the UK... but nothing is better than a convertible for cruising around the seaside in style!
Appreciate 0