View Single Post
      12-03-2018, 02:47 PM   #7
Flying Ace
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: G05 45e, 997.1 & 991.1 GT3s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chesie View Post
Yeah .... Last month, fortified with the presumption that I could still get an M6 built, I took a very pretty build sheet from BMWUSA to my local BMW dealer. My CA initially had information that I could still get one built, as long as the order went in before the first of December. His info was that the plant would still be building M6's for MY2019 until February. But after sending in the request, BMW said no, and went on to say that the decision was made to end production of the M6 at the end of September.

Fortunately, I was able to find a new m6 with almost all the items on my spec sheet, so things turned out well.
congrats, and consider yourself lucky to find the one you wanted in that configuration.

I'm surprised certain dealership management allowed their sales to configure and build a 2019 car knowing that the car was not spoken for at time of order and that it was going to be the final model year with the 850 AND the F90 sitting on the same floor!

Back in 2013, they did it with the launch year for people who cannot wait and must be the first to get the car, but I noticed between 2015 to now, pretty much no one had a new M6 on the floor. They were mostly all built to order.

btw here's the final M6 production stats: https://bmwmregistry.com/model_faq.php?id=59