02-13-2024, 10:21 AM   #40
G35POPPEDMYCHERRY
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by LouK View Post
As in any profession there are those who should not be in it. This is not specific to law enforcement. Health care workers, judges, lawyers, elected officials, all have bad apples in them.
I know this will not change your view and the video is a bit dated but it gives you a glimpse of how small the number of police incidents are.
If you can show me any job or profession where 100% of the people working in it are doing the right thing all the time I will tell you hell has froze over because it’s just not possible.
I do not believe any person in a profession should hold that position if they abuse there power, but the number of individuals doing so in law enforcement is much lower than what people say.
This is exacerbated by social media and the now now constant information.

https://youtu.be/nRd5oucG114?si=Ynim4CAN16RppQux
I agree with you, its always the bad cops that make all of them look like shit, but the corruption runs deep, and good cops have to turn the other way or become evil. Look at all the bad interactions not once does another cop stop the sitution, its a culture problem.

The biggest problem here is that abuse of their power doesn't lead to money being stolen or what have you, police have the power to kill you and jail you. None of the professions above can do that.

Cop pulls you over, hmm eyes look a little dilated, speech slow, nervous...under the influence of drugs. detained LEGALLY, arrested, charges dropped. rinse repeat. again bad apples, but look at the power they have LEGALLY

edit: this conversation goes soooo deep, again why I posted above to have police you have to forgo some freedoms and liberties or they could not function. However the american policing system and the publics use/trust of said system is totally fractured. you have people saying ban guns and the police will keep us safe? you have people saying defund the police and ban guns. you have people pro guns, defund the police. again we can go on and on. Contempt of cop usually lands you in cuffs legally.
Appreciate 0