View Single Post
      09-15-2021, 03:49 PM   #1
Frupal
Mad Fiddler
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW 640i GC

Leaf blower

I am trying to find the best cordless electric leaf blower for drying my car. The first one I ordered was from EGO which had 650 CFM max, which would have been great, except it arrived from amazon sans battery and charger! Sent that back and ordered another one, also from EGO, but with only 480 CFM. I have used this on both cars and found it to be lacking in power. Although it did blow most of the water away, it seemed to struggle with the smallest droplets, which tended to dry before I could get at them with the towel. I am returning it as well, as soon as the next one arrives.

Also, I had to park in Beverly Hills for about an hour right after I washed it today and of course it was dusty. 45 seconds with the leaf blower and she looked like I had just washed her!

Candidate #3 is a Greenwood brand with a whopping 730 CFM and a 170 MPH wind. I am told that CFM matters much more than MPH - with leaf blowers. Lol!

So that should arrive in a week or so. Do any of y’all have experience with this?
Appreciate 0